Job Title: 2-Man Traffic Planner – Aberdeen Depot
Reports To: 2-Man Operations Manager
Has Reporting: No direct reports however, must work directly with 2-man vehicle crew and take responsibility for issuing directions to them in order to manage day to day operations
Job Scope: To effectively and efficiently plan the home delivery/2-man operation utilising both the Aberdeen and Dundee depots and the inter depot trunking movements. To reduce costs and improve service within the Home Delivery business. A focused and sometimes hands-on management approach is required in some areas. To achieve excellence on standards of service and ensure KPI’s and minimum standards are achieved across both sites to all home delivery/2 man customers
- Maintain company driver and porter standards (all class of vehicle) in both appearance and performance – ensure all drivers are in full uniform every day and that they are competent and that they maintain communication with the office at all times.
- Work with the 2 Man Operations Manager to ensure that routes are optimised and all orders are booked in with customers to ensure optimum delivery performance.
- Ensure that customers are spoken to in a professional and courteous manner when jobs are booked in, and that every customer receives a call as per the agreed booking in process
- Plan, forecast and monitor staff numbers against productivity levels specified in depot plans to ensure appropriate resource is in place.
- Monitor routes and execution of deliveries throughout the course of the day to identify any issues that may arise and seek to proactively address these. Including the rescheduling of orders, if necessary.
- Manage customer queries and seek to resolve any complaints arising.
- As required assist with warehouse activities including the loading and unloading of vehicles and picking of stock.
- Ensure that customer KPIs are achieved across all home delivery/2 man contracts
- Work with the other onsite M&H Carriers operations to combine vehicles and resources to ensure that routes are optimised across the fleet and all M&H Carriers customers
- Ensure that any complaints or service failures are reported to the General Manager 2 Man Services so that they are aware as soon as is practically possible
- Work with the General Manager Aberdeen and Operations Managers to reduce Agency spend and provide information to the General Manager 2 Man Services so that these opportunities can be discussed directly with clients
- Day to day operational performance – KPI’s
- Financial performance – KPI’s
- People Management/Training
- Individual carrier/customer Performance
- Peak Planning/Capacity
- Account Management
- Health & Safety
- Trunking/Night Operation
- HR/People Development
- Individual consignment issues
- Complaints and resolutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in logistics and route planning essential
- Detailed knowledge of delivery postcodes covered required
- Prior experience in working in a warehouse
- This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by mutual agreement
- There will be an annual Performance Review with your Manager to consider progress, job description and performance in the post, along with an interim review
- There may be a need for other comparable duties to be undertaken by the post holder from time to time
- Everyone has a responsibility to adhere to all company-wide policies and procedures, which are updated from time to time
- All employees are expected to adhere to the principle of continuous improvement within the organisation.
Wages and hours are subject to experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com