· Maintain company driver standards (all class of vehicle) in both appearance and performance – ensure all drivers are in full uniform every day and that they are competent and that they maintain communication with the office at all times.
· Monitor sub-contractor performance by way of formal reviews against service level agreements.
· Ensure both interior and exterior of the site portrays a professional and safe environment for both internal and external visitors.
· Ensure that staff and sub-contractors are regularly and effectively briefed in line with company communication strategy and operating procedures.
· Ensure that staff performance is managed to an agreed standard and that all staff receive an annual appraisal. Follow up with discussion and development plans in conjunction with learning and development team and that managers are also given an interim appraisal.
· Ensure that the service provided meets company standards in line with agreed minimum standards and be prepared for monthly reviews/challenges on all aspects of regional performance.
· Review financial performance against location scorecard to ensure that costs are in line with targets.
· Ensure that site compliance schedule is regularly updated and that targeted improvements are attained.
· Human resource management of your team including, holiday planning, absence management, effective selection/ recruitment and robust induction processes.
· Plan, forecast and monitor staff numbers against productivity levels specified in depot plans to ensure appropriate resource is in place.
· Ensure that minimum standards are adhered to prevent loss and that agreed lock down procedures are rigidly followed.
· Ensure that company purchase order systems are adhered to and that team work within authorised levels.
· Responsibility for site health and safety and the employment of safe working practice in line with company handbook. Ensure areas of risk are assessed and documented and all applicable risk assessments are communicated to relevant staff.
· Prepare to be challenged on all aspects of the site operation and respond with accurate data and cogent debate.
· Ensure all records, particularly but not exclusively transport, are submitted and maintained in line with company and legal procedures. Where required, relevant documents must be reviewed and authorised.
· Monitor line haul to ensure that vehicles are loaded safely and that customer’s product is treated with respect. Ensure departure times are in line with agreed matrix.
· Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required in the context of the role, or as instructed by the Managing Director.
· This responsibility detail is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by mutual agreement
· Day to day operational performance – KPI’s
· Financial performance – KPI’s
· Sales growth/strategy
· People Management/Training
· Individual carrier/customer Performance
· Peak Planning/Capacity
· Owner Driver/Driver Payments/Contractor payments
· Management Bonus/Staff Bonus
· Account Management
· Health & Safety
· Sales Profiles
· Trunking/Night Operation
· HR/People Development
· Individual consignment issues
· Complaints and resolutions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org