Job Title: Traffic Manager
Reports To: Depot Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
- To organise and ensure each driver carries out daily walk around on the vehcile and records them on the defect reporting mechanism.
- To ensure that daily bay checks are undertaken in all warehouse and actioned in line with compnay procedures
- To organise and control the depots C&D operations ensuring maximum utilisation of assets , cost effectiveness and productivity standards as laid down by the compnay , with particular attention to premium servies and ensure the daily C&D DEBRIEF is carried out in line with company procedures
- To organise and ensure that the warehouse shift and manning resources are adequate to maintain the effective unloading of collection and delivery vehicles or x deck trunks to enable all trunk departures to be made on time every night
- To ensure all customer collection requirements are met Ensuring that all operational standards and procedures within the depot are carried out and all request from management/depots/customers are actioned resolved in atimely mannaer.
- To oversee and ensure shift management responsibility for health and safety, including compliance with all Company procedures, statutory requirements and implementation of any health and safety initiatives and training.
- Managing and ensuring depot housekeeping is maintained at all times, i.e. premises kept neat, clean and tidy and any minor damage repaired and attended to in line with all legal, health and safety and Company policies, procedures and standards
- To organise and ensure all areas of depot activity are inspected as part of the daily / weekly depot health and safety check, in accordance with the depot risk assessment
- To set up and ensure that all working practices are organised and all staff trained within the warehouse to ensure the careful handling of customers’ traffic.
- To organise and ensure that the warehouse shift and manning resources are adequate to maintain the effective unloading of collection and delivery vehicles or cross deck trunks to enable all trunk departures to be made on time every night.
- To deal with any customer complaints regarding extended delivery times and failure to collect from their premises.
- To receive reports from the Night Manager/Supervisor and take appropriate action when required in line with the Company operations procedures.
- To ensure that missing traffic/damages are investigated and reported daily in an exhaustive manner, including the completion of drivers reports, depot reports and other such documentation in order to provide the regional Manager with any details relevant to that missing traffic and potential claims.
- To ensure that Goods on Hand (GOH) is attended to daily in line with Company procedures.
- To organise and manage the depot staffing establishment, in particular holidays and absenteeism to minimise the use of agency staff, particularly all categories of drivers.
- To organise, control and monitor all overtime working within the operational activity of the depot, keeping the objectives as set by the Regional Manager.
- To conduct induction of all new employees to include relevant operational and health and safety procedures.
- To select or recommend staff to the Regional Manager for further training, either externally or internally.
- To ensure the Company Uniform Policy is strictly adhered to with specific attention being paid to PPE equipment – gloves, boots and Hi Viz vests are being worn at all times in the depot.
- To oversee and manage in conjunction with the Regional Manager, the key point indicators (KPI’s) for the depot and monitor, taking corrective action as required.
- Ensuring that all daily/weekly/monthly operational reports are completed accurately and on time to management
- To ensure fuel dispensing systems are operational and accurate records are kept of fuel received and drawn at the depot, this is in addition to closely monitoring all fuel purchases and usage whether cards or any other payment means.
- To organise and manage all the systems that ensure the Company’s legal requirements are discharged in connection with driver’s hours, tachographs, breakdowns, maintenance, MOT’s and Health and Safety.
- To organise and manage the Company’s Vehicle Maintenance Procedures and that they are adhered to, specifically that the depot’s vehicle maintenance inspections and servicing occurs within the parameters agreed on our Operator’s Licence
- To organise and initiate investigations into all MOT failures and PG9 Prohibition Notices with the depot objective being to have no MOT failures or PG9’s.
- To organise and ensure that each Vehicle File is up to date as laid down by the Company’s standard procedures
- To record and maintain accurate and up to date vehicle records in line with Dept. of Transport and Company requirements
- To organise, check, record and keep up to date all driver records including tachographs and vehicle defects, in particular personally supervise driver licence check at the prescribed intervals for all personnel as laid down by the Company.
- To ensure that drivers maintain all vehicles on the fleet in a clean and tidy condition, subject to regular inspection.
- To manage the systems for investigation of all personal accidents, ensuring full Accident Book completion, RIDDOR notification if appropriate, fill completed reports and recommendations to be sent to the Insurance Company and Health & Safety Co-Ordinator as required.
- To organise and manage the systems for investigation of all vehicle accidents, ensuring full Accident Reports are completed for the Insurance Company
- To organise and manage the Company security procedures within the depot, including subject access, CCTV recording and random searches, ensuring that all occurrences are being investigated and reports prepared for the Regional Manager
- To attend monthly, or as required, meetings with the Regional Manager to report on the depot’s performance.
- To undertake any training that may be required by the Company.
- Carrying out duties and other work as instructed by the Regional Manager.
- To oversee and manage the procedures within the depot to ensure Revenue Protection targets are met. i.e. Cubing, check weighs etc.
- To identify and report improvement opportunities (operational, working practice, resources) within the depot to the Regional Manager and take forward and control such opportunities to fully maximise the potential benefits to the company.
- Working within the limits of authority as laid down by the company and delegated by Senior management, and in particular the authority to recruit staff, discipline staff and purchase goods and services.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 6am – 4pm, also working 1 Saturday per month
Job Type: Permanent
- Bonus scheme
- Traffic Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com